Virtual Assistant (Social Media / Community Relations and Admin)
Deadline to Apply: Monday, Jan 27th
Does connecting online and having meaningful relationships with people light you up?
Are you intuitive, yet detail-oriented?
We’re hiring a Virtual Assistant with a focus on Social Media and Customer Experience who can help us effectively communicate, share, and respond to our rapidly growing e-commerce business based in Canada.
We’re looking for someone who has absurd attention to detail, and social media/customer retention experience who also has dreams of long-term growth with Team NEP Canada.
We want you to step into the digital, ecommerce platform and presence we’ve created and bring your own genius to help us nurture and grow all of our customers so we can create a more powerful positive impact in the world. This is an independent contractor position for approximately 5-8 hours/week with the potential to expand to full time in the future. We’re looking for someone who can generally be available on Monday-Friday.
There is flexibility, as long as work is getting done, meetings are attended, and deadlines are being met. We understand you’ll have other commitments but we’re also looking for someone who can give this position some attention in a timely manner. Work outside of these days will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around peak holiday seasons, launches and/or events.
This is a remote work environment.
The VA will be working closely with our team to deliver stellar service and messaging to our Community. That means staying organized, open, and sharp to balance the big picture with the small steps and details that will help serve our community and optimize impact.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create emotional and engaging posts and videos to social channels, including Instagram (feed and stories), Facebook, and Tiktok.
• Be able to embody the voice of Team NEP Canada to respond to direct messages, comments, and any ad comments in a timely manner
• Conduct contests, promotions, and incentives to boost engagement and sales with direction from the team.
• Manage an organized content calendar that ties into what promotions or pre-launch period we’re in, and other key dates applicable to our community
• Stay up-to-date with social media marketing strategies and how we can use them to add value to our audience, keeping up with the shifts in this art/family/natural/eco-friendly creative space.
• Stay up-to-date with changes in NEP Canada’s internal processes
• Update the team on top posts, follower growth, campaign success, and any other important metrics the team should know about.
• Draft correspondence and reach out to potential partners for future projects and initiatives
• Perform administrative tasks as required (as our back up) including processing orders and shipments; managing returns and exchanges; completing inventory and stock management tasks as assigned; answer emails; newsletter copy as required
• Prior experience as a VA or other similar experience
• Up-to-date with social media trends and knowledge of online marketing social media engagement strategies
• Hands-on experience with social media management across most or all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tiktok) • You’re creative, design-focused, and stay on-brand
• Have an eye for images and design, so you can manage both the visual, video and written part of our social channels
• Building solid relationships is your passion. You can easily spot an effective social media channel and identify the qualities that make it successful.
• Hands-on experience with online customer service management. You can easily understand what customers require and respond accordingly.
• Strong writing abilities and verbal communication skills (Speaks English at an idiomatic level). Your grammar and writing skills are top-notch but you know how to keep it conversational.
• You are a thinker and a doer. This position is a mix of both. You can come up with strong, smart strategies and you also don’t hesitate to jump in and implement.
• You rely on customer and team feedback to give you insight into what’s working and what’s not.
• You have excellent judgment, tech-savvy, resourceful with the ability to “figure things out”
• Strong work ethic and standards. You are comfortable working in a dynamic and at times ambiguous environment.
• You would never utter the words “That’s not my job” – instead you always jump in to help, no matter what
• You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
Ideal Person for this Position:
• Demonstrates a high level of accountability
• Must be confident and a “go-getter” who does not wait for things to happen, but makes them happen
• Be able to think “ahead of the game”; follows systems and creates new systems where necessary
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Extremely organized, delight in the details, and you don’t let little things slip through the cracks / Able to close loops
• Handles miscommunications and issues in a timely, professional, and direct manner
• Must be honest, authentic, candid, and forthcoming
• Takes ownership of issues and resolves situations with good judgment when a problem arises
• Jumps at the chance to grow, both professionally and personally
• Loves people and truly cares about their success
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject Line: I’m a Virtual Assistant who gets the job done!
Please write & organize your email with the following:
Your full name
Your location & time zone
CV (including expected salary)
Why do you want to be a part of our team?
Why would you be the best person for this position, and we’d be mistaken to hire anyone else?
Describe an experience where you were totally overwhelmed by the amount of work on your plate.
What was the situation? What did you do? How did it turn out? (3 paragraphs max)
You receive an unpleasant message from a dissatisfied customer who had emailed about an order that was late, damaged and with one missing item. What actions will you take?
In your experience, what is the most important thing when it comes to representing a brand or company?
Any specific training or skill sets you have that you think would be extra valuable in this position.
We’re excited to hear from you!
Team NEP Canada has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion. We aim to attract qualified candidates who hold these same values and help us to further recognize and celebrate the diversity among us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our teams.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge will be based on qualifications, merit, competence, performance, and business needs.